We have several plans to choose from, and we are adding more in along the way. Here are some steps that may help you with your selection:
- Step 1: Select the type of race you are running (e.g. Marathon, Half-Marathon, etc)
- Step 2: Select plans that have a duration that supports when your race is (e.g. if you have a race in 18 weeks, a 12 or 16 week plan may be best)
- Step 3: Select the appropriate plan level for you. We have a few Beginner level plans, plus a Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced level for most plans. These levels reflect the difficulty and volume of the plan.
Here are some basic guidelines for defining each level:
- Beginner: The Beginner plan is for someone who is relatively new to running and has never completed the distance. It will build you up slowly and make sure you cross the finish line. Check out our walking plan if you are not a runner.
- Basic: The Basic plan is ideal for established runners who are new the distance or repeating the distance and want a little structure to follow. Your goal is to get across the finish line, finish strong, and improve your time. If you are new to running, try the Beginner level plan.
- Intermediate: The Intermediate plan is for someone who has done the distance and wants to step it up a notch. Your goal is to get a new Personal Best. This plan is for established runners who have run at moderate to high levels of volume and intensity consistently for at least 2 years.
- Advanced: The Advanced plan is for advanced athletes who have run the distance multiple times and are looking to run towards the front of the pack, obtaining a new Personal Best. This plan requires a very solid base and is very aggressive. If you haven’t been running at high volume and intensity for more than 5 years consistently, this plan is not for you.
You will receive your plan instantly at your final checkout screen as well as within your provided email! Simply click on the download link in either place. The link is good for up to three downloads and never expires.
Here’s the deal. Our goal is to help every runner who crosses our path. We are passionate about the sport, and passionate about helping others. The best way to help the most people is to make our plans available to everyone. So, that’s what we did. We pay the bills by offering our plans on other platforms (TrainingPeaks.com, SpunOutly.com) and by extending deals from our affiliates. No strings attached.
We are challenging 1 million people to PR a race (get a personal record) or do their first race of a particular distance in 2014. To help everyone accomplish this, we are giving away our plans free and will try and keep everyone who signs up motivated by sending content right to their email. We want to see everyone accomplish their goals!